We’ve got the brand new Huawei P30 Pro versus the Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. I want to find out which is best photos videos low-light selfies slow-motions. Looking at the different lenses both phones come with an ultra-wide a wide and a telephoto zoom lens. Starting with the ultra wide we obviously get loads in the scene on both phones.
Huawei P30 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S10 main lens
And then moving on to the main lens the wide lens and straightaway photos from both look excellent. There are subtle differences in brightness and color on the S10. If you look at the grass on the left and the color of the Eiffel Tower the colors are just a little bit warmer compared to the p30 Pro.
Huawei P30 Pro main lens
But this is where things get interesting as we move on to the telephoto lenses and on the P30 Pro, we get a 5x optical zoom versus a 2x optical zoom on the S10 plus.
But a 2x optical zoom is where the S10 plus maxes out whereas a P 30 pro can. Go up to a 10x hybrid zoom and if I match that on the S10 plus with 10x digital zoom. Well just look at the difference.
Camera specs of Both
- Quad 40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF, OIS
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF
- Periscope 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF
- TOF 3D camera
- Features Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps
- Single 32 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 0.8µm
- Features HDR
- Video 1080p@30fps
- Triple 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.0µm
- Features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Dual 10 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 22mm (wide), 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Features Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
Above data from GSMArena and if we actually crop in this 10x zoom by 300% you get a real idea of the difference in sharpness and detail between the zooms on the P30 Pro and the Samsung S10 Plus.
That really is a significant difference.
Huawei P30 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S10 plus ultra wide lens
let’s move on to another example again starting with the ultra wide lens and even though we both have 2.~ to purchase the P30 pro. In a fair bit brighter moving up to the wide lens they both look really good. Although again you can see a difference in the color temperatures between them the stone building on the s10 definitely has slightly warmer. Then we’ve got 5x optical on the P30 and the 2x optical on the S10. As I say the S10 maxes out there. Whereas we can then go to a 10x hybrid on the Huawei new phone.
Samsung S10 10x dip stall versus the Huawei P30 pro is 10x hybrid
Again it’s just a night and day difference the p30 Pro really does have the best camera zoom I’ve ever seen on a smartphone. But now let’s look at the quality of each lens individually and starting with the ultra wide again the Huawei new Phone is a fair bit brighter overall.
But just look how much better expose the Eiffel Tower is and the people in the foreground it’s a much more pleasing photo on the p30.
Huawei new Phone Huawei P30 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S10 plus 4K Video
Shoots 4K 30 fps with a selfie camera right now this is shot at pm both but now I’ve switched to 4K 60 fps on the S10 plus. S10 plus in super city mode so this is the most stable video you’ll be able to get from these devices alright so switching up to 4k we lose that super steady on the S10 plus. But according to our way we do now have a is + o is for super smooth at 4k 30fps video on the Huawei new phone. Well, they remember the quality. We can’t shoot 4k 60fps. Which the S10 plus can and some of the video quality well. Oppo Reno 10X 48MP Camera – Full review.
Huawei P30 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S10 Selfie camera reviews.
10x zoom, photography, camera comparison, best phone camera 2019 coming soon… Stay tuned with us.